Well, maintaining an oral hygiene is not as difficult as it sounds. But keeping your teeth super clean comes a long way and keeping them sparkling and healthy is certainly not easy. You obviously want to age beautifully with shining teeth and healthy gums in place. But for that, teeth cleaning is a must.
You probably know that it is always advisable to get a professional dental cleaning done to avoid cavities and gum infections. But do you know how and when to get teeth cleaned? Usually, it depends on the type of cleaning.
So, we at Edmonton Downtown Dentist, have come up with 2 major guidelines that should be followed before you go for your next big appointment for teeth cleaning.
Brushing And Flossing At Home
The key to great oral hygiene involves brushing and flossing at least twice a day in order to avoid tooth cavities and decays, gum infections, and diseases.
Brush Right By Following These Easy Steps:
- Brush twice a day – once in the morning and before going to bed.
- Move the brush gently. Do not scrub your teeth.
- Use a soft-bristled brush for cleaning your teeth.
- Replace the toothbrush that you are using every few months.
- For outer tooth surfaces, use short back and forth strokes.
- To brush the inner surface, use vertical strokes.
For Flossing, Consider The Following Steps:
- At least an 18 inches of a floss is required for effective flossing
- Grip it tightly between your thumb and your forefinger.
- Placing it between your teeth, gently slide it up and down.
- Make sure you also floss below the gum line.
- And don’t forget to floss the back side of your teeth as well.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Getting professional dental cleaning done is as important as brushing and flossing. Your dental expert will probably suggest professional cleaning twice a year if you have good oral hygiene and a healthy mouth. Also, cleaning helps to remove the food or the plague which is not possible merely with a toothbrush.
Professional cleanings are done by your dentist at their clinics itself. If you have any specific dental health concerns, make it a point to share it with your dental expert.
While cleaning, the dentist easily spots tooth decays, gum diseases or any other infections related to their teeth or gums. So make sure you find a dentist who understands your oral health and hygiene and knows your oral history thoroughly.
You can visit our dental clinic – Edmonton Downtown Dental, as our professional dentist have years of experience and they provide a range of dental services.